1. If your child lies to you often, it is because you over-react too harshly to their inappropriate behavior.
2. If your child is not taught to confide in you about their mistakes, you’ve lost them.
3. If your child had poor self-esteem, it is because you advice them more than you encourage them.
4. If your child does not stand up for themselves, it is because from a young age you have disciplined them regularly in public.
5. If your child takes things that do not belong to them, it is because when you buy them things, you don’t let them chose what they want.
6.If your child is cowardly, it is because you help them too quickly.
7. If your child does not respect other people’s feelings, it is because instead of speaking to your child, you order and command them.
8. If your child is too quick to anger, it is because you give too much attention to mis behavior and you give little attention to good behavior.
9. If your child is excessively jealous, it is because you only congratulate them when they successfully complete something and not when they improve at something even if they don’t successfully complete it.
10. If your child intentionally disturbs you, it is because you are not physically affectionate enough.
11. If your child openly defies, it is because you openly threaten to do something but don’t follow through.
12. If your child is secretive, it is because they don’t trust that you won’t blow things out of proportion.
13.If your child talks back to you, it is because they watch you do it to others and think its normal behavior.
14. If your child doesn’t listen to you but listens to others, it is because you are too quick to make decisions.
15. If your child rebels it is because they know you care more about what others think than what is right or wrong.
Note: This is not written by me. It was posted on whatsapp by someone.
Shaila Padval says
I am mother of twins( a girl and a boy), who will be turning 3 on 10th sept this year. Like others i would like to seek your views on the Schools in Pune. I am finalising the list of schools , I want a good school with CBSE Board which is Co-ed. would request your views, i have finalised Vikhe Patil and Gurukul. but since we can’t just rely on 2 schools, would request you to please recomend a few more. I stay in sadashiv Peth.
Kavitha Kasala says
Thanks for this wonderful posting. I am really learning a lot about parenting through your website. Indeed I have observed few things and now know the cause of it. I wholeheartedly appreciate your extraordinary service to the parents.
Madhurie Singh says
You are welcome dear. Read my next article which tells you why I got into blogging.
very informative and keep the gd working going.Thank u.