Delhi govt issues nursery admission guidelines for public schools
By Madhurie Singh, December 20, 2013
No. F/DE/15/1031/ACT/2013/12795-12809. In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 3 of the Delhi School Education Act, 1973 (18 of 1973) read with rule 43 of the Delhi School Education Rules, 1973, the Lt. Governor of the National Capital Territory of Delhi, hereby makes the following order to amend the Recognized Schools (Admission Procedure for Pre-primary class) Order, 2007 published vide Order No. F/DE/15/1031/ACT/2007/7002 dated 24.11.2007, namely:
1. Short title and commencement.
(1) This Order may be called the Recognized Schools (Admission Procedure for Pre-primary classes) (Amendment) Order, 2013.
(2) It shall come into force with immediate effect.
1. There shall be no Management Quota In admission in any private unaided recognized school of Deihl.
2. The total number of seats for admission to a class at entry level (below six years of age) of the school shall be divided into four parts:
(i) 25% seats for Economically Weaker section and Disadvantaged Group as defined under the Right to Education Act. 2009 (except for minority schools).
(ii) 05% seats as Staff Quota: for the wards of the staff/employees of the school. The unfilled seats of the staff quota shall spillover to open seats.
(iii) 05% girl’s quota for co-ed schools: The seats for 5% girl’s quota shall be filled through draw of lots out of all the registered girl applicants residing within 6 k.m. radius. The remaining applicants
shall be considered for admission as per the parameters/criteria and points for open seats.
(iv) Open seats: The remaining seats which are not covered under above three categories.
3. The admission to open seats shall be made only on the basis of fixed parameters and Points as prescribed hereunder: Fixed Parameters/ Criteria Points
(i) Neighbourhood up to 6 km—- 70
(ii) Sibling studying in school —20
(iii) Parent Alumni of school— 05
(iv) Inter-State Transfer- case —05
4. In case seats remain vacant / unfilled, same shall be filled by draw of lots. The schools are not allowed to fix additional points other than the points specified above.
Minority Schools: (1) 25% Economically Weaker Section and Disadvantaged Group quota is not mandatory for minority schools. However those minority schools, which have been allotted land by the govt. agencies shall have to admit the children belonging to EWS category to the extent of 20% at entry level and provide free-ship to them till the completion of their school education.
(2) 5% staff quota is applicable as in other schools.
(3) 5% girls quota for co-ed schools is applicable as in other schools.
(4) Minority schools shall have the right to reserve seats for the students belonging to the minority concerned. The extent of seats reserved/unreserved shall be announced and the procedure followed shall be publicized through their websites, notice boards, and/or whatever process they follow for admission. The process of admissions will be in an open, transparent and fair manner.
(5) The remaining seats, if any, will be treated as open seats and admission to these seats will be on the basis of fixed parameters/criteria and fixed points as prescribed in clause 4 above.