My Pledge as a Parent
By Madhurie Singh, February 10, 2011
- I am aware that all kids’ are intelligent; it is my duty to find their passion and help them reach their happiness.
- I am aware that to make an intelligent kid my focus has to be on his strength and not weakness.
- I will set examples knowing that they will be the ones building the nation and my old age tomorrow.
- I will try to always answer their queries in the most logical way to encourage their thought process.
- I am aware that out of 8760 hours in a year only one fourth time is spent in the school and the rest three fourth out of the school, hence my responsibility as a parent is definitely more in building my kids career.
- I am aware that the society and the environment my kids live in have equal impact in their development as much as the school.
- I will provide as much exposure to my kids and converse as much possible with them, as I am aware that it’s the most important way to help the kids’ brain development.
- I will not run after marks or grades, as I know that these are mere indicators of ever changing progress in the world of knowledge.
- I will never do their homework or projects, even if they get the least marks, as I am aware that these assignments are for my kids to learn something new on their own and not testing my abilities.
- I will teach them to be respectable and never degrade any teachers in front of my kids, to ensure they hold each guru at their esteemed positions, they deserve to be.
- I will teach them values that will encourage them to preserve environment, conserve resources and above all be good human beings.
- I will love my kids unconditionally as it was me who wanted them desperately and they did not choose me.