RTE Admissions misused by parents
By Madhurie Singh, March 01, 2016
I met a few principals who were either confused or not aware or really unhappy with this RTE ruling that forces a public school (non-minority) to allocate 25% of seats of class 1 to EWS (Economically Weaker Section).
1. Confused Principals. A few principals not aware if class 1 or class nursery or class JrKg where this 25% quota is applicable. So let me clarify. Irrespective of the entry class in your school, the RTE 25% quota is for class1 admission to EWS children. Yes. its not easy as how is it possible for a child to pick up all that was taught from Nursery to Sr Kg in Standard 1 all of a sudden?
So a few schools have gone a step ahead to deal with this issue. They take EWS students in Nursery or JrKg. Give them free education all throughout. The Government pays only for Standard 1 onwards to the school. At least, the standard of the education is maintained in the school.
Those who give admission in Standard 1, will have to deal with a totally raw student.
2. Unaware Principals: Well that is something I will refuse to believe. But a few principals were unaware of RTE admissions and pretended to not know that they need to put up a notice board inside and outside their schools during admission time to invite RTE admission applications.
Now that the RTE applications are online and admission process is on, all public and non-minority schools must display that they are opening RTE admissions. What they do not realize is very soon there will be inspections and they will have to face the brunt of the RTE for not having any admissions under this ruling. They will not only pay a heavy fine but also be in the news for the wrong reasons.
3. Unhappy Principals: They are unhappy because this RTE clause also adds that if the applicants are from the backward section like SC/ST then, they are eligible too for the free education!
I was shocked to hear that a few pathetic parents who are software engineers and working in companies like Infosys, Cybage, TCS and so one are also claiming for the RTE seats for their children!
Is it not unfair?
These parents who are earning a combined salary of 1.5 to 2 Lac per month have no shame?
They used SC/ST quota to get seats into Engineering colleges. But is it fair to continue using that privilege even when they are no more economically weak?
Why do people in India think only about themselves? Do they not understand, that, because of them, their own SC/ST people, who are still in EWS section, will not get a seat to educate their children who seriously deserve it!
Shame on you parents who are usurping the seats meant for poor. You are the beggar of the beggars!
RTE must change the ruling by adding EWS and SC/ST not OR. Software people, you ought to know the difference between And and Or!
Ok, now you may read the rest of the post for RTE admissions.
Maharashtra RTE 2016-17 Admission rte25admission.maharashtra.gov.in
Online Application Registration.
Do you want to apply for RTE 2016 Admission notification?
Are you looking to apply for Maharashtra RTE 2016?
All the eligible candidates can apply for the RTE School Admission in Maharashtra for 2016-17 academic year. Many parents, students looking to apply for the school admission in the state of Maharashtra under 25% RTE Reservation scheme. This quota is available for private and unaided schools in Maharashtra. If you looking to find the online application form RTE 2016-17 notification release date you can wait till mid of Feb 2016. We can expect the Government of Maharashtra (School Education and Sports Department to release the notification for RTE 2016 as on February-March 2016 academic year.
RTE 25 percent reservation based admission for the academic year 2016-2017 will be available on the site mentioned below (provided it works) :). If the number of applications is more than the number of available seats then official will use the lottery system to choose the list of candidates.
Maharashtra RTE 2016-17 application form will be available for following list of districts:
RTE 2016 Important dates:
Maharashtra RTE 2016 Application form issue date Feb 2016
School Registration Feb, March 2016
Online Application form Feb-March 2016
Last date to make RTE 2016 registration March/April 2016
Lottery date for RTE 2016 education: March/April 2016
Selection list will be issued on different dates for all list of RTE districts
RTE Admission process into Schools: After all the process
Instruction to apply for RTE 2016-17 Admission:
1) Open School Education portal.
2) Look into Online application button in right side and fill the required information and submit the form.
(site is down)